In case you haven't heard, Matador Records selected one of our photos to be used on a limited edition Record Store Day (coming in april) record by Toronto's Fucked Up! We are among 10 stores chosen nationwide to be used as a cover and title of a special 7". Thats our cover up top, and for more info directly from the bands blog, check it out at
In addition, Fucked Up has just released a double lp set of singles, rare and alternate tracks, unreleased material called COUPLE TRACKS. Of course, we have them in stock right now. Also in from MatadorDirect:
- Kurt Vile - Childish Prodigy Singer-songwriter Kurt Vile is finally breaking out after last years top notch "Constant Hitmaker". Vile, who occasionally uses a backing band (the Violators) also relies on spacey sounds and other noises to compliment his hard hitting bedroom pop. Check out Space Forklift from Constant Hitmaker and the upbeat Freak Train from his most recent album, Childish Prodigy.
- Girls - LP
- Jay Reatard - Watch Me Fall Jay's final proper album before his untimely death recently showcases his evolution a a melodic indie rock punk. We also carry both his singles collections--Matadors 2009 collection and In The Red's 06-08 collection, which showcases his more aggressive side. The further you go back into his vast catalog, the more intense the music gets. Just make sure you don't bypass one of this generations great talents.
- More recent arrivals:
- Sigur Ros 12" vinyl by this band has proven hard to come by. this is a brand new 12" and is gracing the shelves right now.
- Melvins s/t 12" more 12"'s, and from another band who's vinyl availability is painful. Includes a 9 minute cover of the Wipers "Youth of America"
- Flaming Lips "Soft Bulletin-" A reissue. Still holding steady with their latenst, "Embryonic".
- Magnetic Fields - "Realism" lp
- Jimi Hendrix 7" - Unheard song from 1967 recorded with 'the Experience graces side b while Valley of Neptune is the title track of a forthcoming 'lost album' recorded in early 1970. Limited.
- Spacemen 3 - Reissues and finally on great sounding vinyl. "Sound of Confusion", "Perfect Prescription" and an unrelated 2x 10" called "Playing With Fire". These are going very fast and we've heard the initial pressings are running out everywhere.
- Home Blitz - O.ut O.f P.hase A staff favorite. More mid-fi, catchy bedroom pop. Jonathan Richman, Dead Milkmen and Daniel Johnston are among the many comparisons i've read...but this is just a great record that should be spinning on your turntable. Take a chance before every jerk in town is bowing to Danial DiMaggio's masterpieces.
- Ween (reissues) We have access to all of them, but currently White Pepper, 13 Country Greats and the Mollusk are in stock.
- Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Lynx II the latest, and our foray into the world of hip-hop is expanding. We also have the latest from Mos Def and the original "Cuban Lynx", which comes in a dj sleeve only, as well as the Wu Tang Clan re-issue of "36 chambers". Our used section of hip hp/dance has grown enough to warrant its own section, as well.
Coming soon: New REGULATIONS lp, New Eddy Current Suppression Ring lp, She & Him 7", A Roy Orbison Tribute "Our Boy Roy"featuring thee finest garage punk bands around today, an Infest 10" and lots more.
make sure to follow the blog, or follow us on facebook or that ridiculously confusing Twitter for up to the minute announcements, sales and incoming.
also don't forget this FRIDAY 2.19, a FREE IN-STORE! OPEN LATE!
and last but not least, from the braintrust of Spiral Scratch Records--and edited and calmly laid out by our Sunday Schoolboy 'Get Mugged' Gaffney (with contibutions from the staff) is Buffalo's first and only rock and roll print 'zine--aptly titled Scratch-n-Sniff. So ARTVOICE™ refuses to acknowledge our existence or distribute their mag at our shop (conspiracy theories abound--we can't afford an ad), rejected our emails and record reviews, so we did what any self-respecting person (or people) would do--we made our own goddamn magazine. Here is the logo:
No holds barred. First issue features record reviews, interviews and other pieces about music. Stuff we like and think you might, too. If you'd like to be judged or be considered for contributions, or hate/love mail, please write us at our store email:
or send us mail at 2531 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14216.
if you made a rock and roll recording and want it considered for review, send it there or just drop it off.
These are full sized zines (8.5x11) and are NOT advertisements for the store. The writing is honest, occasionally brutal and...honest.
They will be free with a moderate purchase, available at shows or whoever else will distribute them. Issue #1 is completed, laid out and being produced at this very moment.
If you miss the days of holding in your hand, an honest and informative (and fun) publication on great music and other things we consider great (or at least damn good), keep an eye out for these.
as always, thanks for reading and your continued support.